Sunday, October 17, 2010

“My sinuses suddenly went berserk, and my throat got really raw, ... I'm like a canary in a coal mine. So I know what that means.” --Ken McBride

I don't feel good, which is an understatement.  It's my annual fall sickness which usually comes on in October, but occasionally waits until November or December to come on and bother me.  But come it always does.  It's starts with a sore throat, and moves on two days later to congestion, and then a day later to a cough and hot flashes, and three days later, I lose my voice and all is faded within three days of that.  If I don't attack it at the beginning, then I will get very sick and have to go to the doctor.  But attack it head-on I did.  I've taken in turn Claritin, Bennadryl, vitamin C, Tylenol sinus, and Dayquil.

I went to church today, and I taught Sunday School, but I didn't have to go to the preschool for after-care.  I did nothing strenuous yesterday, and mostly lounge.  Today after church, I laid around and took a nap.  I was feeling pretty decent, but then right before church for Bible Study, I felt quite unwell, but I trudged onward.  Halfway through, I got kicked out.  I was having a hot flash and sweating.  All but two of the ladies in my class have at least one child, so the momma-caps whipped on with lightning rapidity.  I even had to text them when I got home, because they tried to drive me home, but I wouldn't let them.

I called my mom, whom I was certain I had told I was getting sick on Friday, but I guess she forgot, so she got concerned when I told her that I got sent home from church.  She apparently conveyed a little too much concern, so my dad told her to ask me if I needed him to come.  I had to laugh.  I'm four steps away from a sinus infection, and he wants to come and rescue me.  It makes my heart smile.  He's not always been the most affectionate, especially when I was sick.  I guess I always seemed too happy to be sick, and he thought that if I was sick, I needed to act like it.  Now, I guess he figures that if I act sick, I must really be sick.  I don't know.  It's basically been the bright part of my day.

Anyway, I have work I need to do, but I solemnly swear that it's just typing, and nothing worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment