Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Good bargains are pick-pockets." --Thomas Fuller

I love the $2.50 movie bin at Wal-Mart.  I bought sixteen movies and thirteen episodes for $5.  Granted, these movies are worthy of MST3K (no, literally--one of them is Hercules Against the Moon Men is an episode), but the entire first season "21 Jump Street" are worth at least $2.50.  As a lover of terrible movies, though, I think I will enjoy this collection.  The collection itself is entitled "Clash of the Olympians."  Mostly, they're Hercules movies and a few giant movies, all released between 1959-1964.  The packaging is as cheap as used tissues, though.  Each box is about as thick as two standard DVD cases, but contained within is each disc in a paper sleeve with a plastic window.  That's the difference between a $5 movie and $2.50 movie.

I really do love terrible movies, though.  Troy, for instance, is a terrible movie, but I can watch it thirty times in a row, though, I usually do watch it in French.  Achilles is less whiny that way.  I also happen to love Devon's Ghost, which you've never heard of, but is plain awful.  And I love it.

Hopefully, the Clash of the Olympians collection will be equally terrible and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment