Thursday, December 29, 2011

Insomnia File #1

I have in insomnia tonight.  It's all resulting from medication that's supposed to knock me out.  I think I'm doing it wrong.  I'm also sick, miserable, and with no one for company other than two rats, a snake, and a turtle.  So to keep myself distracted, I've made the logical decision to list things about myself you probably never knew.  Or cared about.  Narcissism is truly the balm to all ails.

  1. I love skulls.  No, really.  Not just my own--though it is my favorite.  I think they're cute.  And they're a reminder of the expiration date stamped on the bottom of our feet.  They make you appreciate the good times, and give you the patience to survive the bad.  Besides that, there is a part of me that enjoys the reaction I get out of the rest of my Christian friends when wearing skull earrings.
  2. I bought a yellow truck so that I wouldn't lose my vehicle in the parking lot.
  3. My skin is allergic to the deep south, and is threatening to slough off entirely if I don't move to a cooler climate.
  4. My favorite thing about my Kinect for Xbox is yelling at it to play the next episode of Toddlers in Tiaras
  5. I own six Captain America t-shirts, but I still love X-Men the best.  No one else seems to remember that Cap is not my favorite.  Sometimes even me.
  6. When doodling myself, I always depict myself as having a pony-tail, no glasses, and rain boots.  In reality, I usually have a braid or a bun, I wear thick glasses, and I own no rain boots.  The doodles are a lie.
  7. I own over sixty bottles of nail polish.
  8. I have slept two out of the last 39 hours.  
  9. The funniest and best book I've read in the last year is Patricia Brent, spinster written by Herbert George Jenkins during WWI.  (read / listen)
  10. The song "Riu Chiu" as recorded by the Monkees is stuck in my head currently.  (watch)
  11. I decided that I was a Beatles fan when I was in sixth grade without ever owning an album.  I have since purchased many albums, and am in awe at my blindly applied good taste.
  12. I hate clowns.  And no, I will consequently never watch It.  I don't care if it's "not scary" as an adult.  My nightmares have enough red noses and fuzzy wigs in them without Tim Curry adding to the collection.
I'm going to try to go to sleep now.  Maybe Tim Curry won't follow me there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment