Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"As a child, I was more afraid of tetanus shots than, for example, Dracula." --Dave Barry

Apparently, I am in the small percentage that reacts negatively to tetanus.  I have a fever, but I just can't go to sleep.  So I'm organizing my finger nail polish, and repainting things...like nails...

Earlier today, my fingers were "Gun Metal" and they are now "Climax."  My toes are "Blood Red" but I will probably change that to something more purple-ish.  Why, you ask?  Because "Climax" is a pearlescent lavender  color.  Why don't they call it "Pearl Lavender"?  I don't know.  If the names are actually descriptive of the color, it's either morbid, or lewd.  For instance, "gun metal" implies the metal of a gun.  "Blood red" implies blood...red...so I've decided to investigate my collection in lieu of sleep.

Granted, if I buy a bottle of finger nail polish that costs more than $1, it's not just because of the  color, but also very much because of the name.  Gun metal cost $4.  But I LOVE it!

Anyway, my colors:

Reds:

  • Berry Red ($1 bottle...so...yeah...)
  • Blood Red
  • Red Carnation ($1)
Oranges:
  • Dee-Lite (neon orange)
  • Frost Ice Hot Tamale (metallic Clemson orange)
  • Shock (EXTRA BRIGHT neon orange)
  • Sunrise Sensation (metallic story-book gold fish)
Yellow/Golds:
  • Wave Length (metallic yellow)
  • Solar Gold (Saints gold)
  • Gold Rush (regular gold)
Greens:
  • Creme Wild Thing (lime green...no really...just lime green)
  • Forest Green (forest green...hmph...)
Turquoises:
  • Green with Envy (metallic turquoise color of my grandmother's cavalier, and many other grandma cars of the mid-nineties)
  • Tropical (flat turquoise color)
  • Emerald Frost (almost silver metallic pale green color with silver glitter)
Blues:
  • Blue chill (metallic pale blue)
  • Blue Blaze (vibrant flat blue color)
  • Frosted Ice Starry Nites (metallic royal blue)
  • Turquoise Opal (turqouise/purple/gold metallic color that chagnes in the light like some car paint)
Purples:
  • Dazzling (pale purple glitter stuff)
  • Climax (pearl lavender)
  • Blue Sapphire Chrome (purple chrome)
  • Vibrant Violet (purple with a little chrome in it)
  • Midnight Plum (really dark plum color)
  • All That (purple and silver glitter of varying size)
  • Phenomena (fuchsia)
Pink:
  • Fink Sizzle (pink/gold metallic)
  • Pinup (that magenta color your mom painted her toes when they weren't red)
  • Violet Sapphire Chrome (pink chrome)
  • Lightning (neon pink)
  • Splash (shiny pink)
  • Spit Fire (pink sparkles)
Other:
  • Black (black...yeah...unexciting)
  • Rainbow Glitter (mostly blue glitter with some red glitter and a little silver glitter)
  • Star Studded (off-white pearl and glitter)
  • Live (looks like silver leafing)
  • Gun Metal (looks like gun metal)
I know "All Night Long" is missing.  It's a navy color.  Wonder where I stuck it.

Ugh.  I think I'm going to try to sleep again.

No comments:

Post a Comment