Friday, September 10, 2010

"If I moved away, I would definitely miss the Mexican food. Every region has its own Mexican food, and they're very chauvinistic -- they believe their food is the real Mexican food." --Russ Parsons

Okay, so I'm the biggest and densest geek on the block.  I've never been one to keep up with a planner or calendar, except for truly important things (like paper deadlines).  Even with the advent of digital calendars, I could never get mine to sync well because what I wanted to use on my computer didn't work with my phone, etc.  Well, since I've gotten my Droid, I've been using many of Google's services that I had never used before--one being the calendar.  Why, you ask?  Well, I'm going to eat with a friend of mine named Kristin (but not the Kristin I go to church with) and she said that we should go to a Mexican restaurant on Vets, but I didn't know where it was.  Well, I found it on Google Maps on my computer, and starred it so it would show up on my starred items on my phone.  It then occurred to me how dumb it was to star something I'll never need to look up again.  And then, I thought, "Hmm...maybe if I put the item in my calendar, that maybe I could store an address for the event.  And what do you know?  I can!  And when I pull up the event, the item was a hyperlink that lead straight to Google Maps on my phone!  Hooray!  Again, biggest and densest geek.  I kinda hate that it's this easy these days.  I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get lazy.  Oh well.  Google take my brain away!

No comments:

Post a Comment