Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middoe of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." --Natalie Goldberg



Two important announcements:

1.) Applesauce is, in fact,  one word. I did not know this until today. Barbeque sauce is two words. I suppose that this is so because apples grow on trees and barbeque grows on lots of things.

2.) I have found a new love. Materne's GoGo Squeez Applesauce. It makes my heart happy and does NOT taste gross.

It also comes in an assortment of flavors, such as applepeach and applecinnamon.  I'm eager to find both in grocery stores.  This particular pouch of applesauce (see?  one word!) came from the impulse buy section while I was checking out at the grocery.  (I'm going native--instead of "the grocery store" I shall here on out refer to the establishment at which I purchase groceries as "the grocery" like the rest of south east Louisiana.)  There was only the original applesauce flavor in the pouches, but for 67¢, it was worth it. 

The roommate loves putting cinnamon in her applesauce, so I'll have to hunt down more flavors!

This particular pouch has additional decoration to make sure that no one else decided to eat it.  It is Karen's applesauce from the grocery.  Not anyone else's!

What's really neat is that it's resealable and spoon-free.  You can eat it with no hands!  It looks like it will be great snack for the next time I go kayaking.  You don't have to refrigerate until after you open it.  It's only sixty calories per package, but it's full of the healthy sugars your body needs when you're playing outside.  It has only two ingredients: apple and apple juice concentrate.  That's it!  Tiny pieces of apple and somewhat dehydrated apple juice.  Perfect for low blood-sugar attacks and over-tired muscles.

I just realized that I've been gushing about a little package of applesauce for 5+ paragraphs.  I need to go on vacation.  Rescue me Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment