Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" --Bing Crosby singing Irving Berlin's classic

That's a lie.  I am doing no such thing.  I would never dream of a white Christmas at such a southern locale.  I have decided to never go through a snow in a place not equipped with snow plows ever again.  It really stinks.  And since I'm dreaming of spending Christmas at my parents house (in scenic Mobile, AL), I am decidedly not dreaming of a White Christmas.

Had Christmas early with my friends on Sunday night since Kim left yesterday.  Kim had picked out and received her present when we went shopping on November 14, so there was nothing for me to wrap up for her. I got Hayden a tank for Munson his fish along with some black rocks to go along the bottom (Munson is Georgia red, the rocks are black, and apparently somebody Munson is the "Voice of the Dawgs" or some such name).  For Justin, I got a Blockbuster gift card, as hardly a week goes by when he's not going to Blockbuster.  I picked the one with a heat sensitive spot that is supposed to help you pick out what kind of movie you wanna watch.

Justin got Hayden WWII the complete DVD set (from History Channel or something) and Kim got him the Office DVD game.  Hayden didn't go shopping yet, what with graduation and entertaining family members and whatnot.

Kim got me the hardware I wanted for my chiforobe (or however you spell that ridiculous word).  They're bronze-finished and they look like they have green glass handles.  Justin got me Beatles glasses which rock.  He remembered that I liked the Beatles, which is true, though, I'm impressed because I've mentioned it maybe twice ever in our acquaintance.  It makes me want to hunt up that episode of the Power Puff Girls where they speak in nothing but Beatles lyrics.  That's my favorite episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment