Friday, August 13, 2010

"You must empty a box before you fill it again." --Irish Proverb

Kim gave me ten empty plastic tubs last night.  She apparently was concerned earlier in the day that there were still a few boxes at the church that she could have emptied, but did not.  I think I'll manage.  If I do somehow fill them up, I'll use my eleventy-million and four bags to bring things over.

I took a few boxes and a GI-GAN-TIC bag to Justin and Hayden's last night.  I have now claimed the corner of their dining room.  Of course, that should be fine as they have no dining room table currently.  Dave and Sarra offered theirs to them, which I think they should take, but not until I move in upstairs and they have room for it.  Because the corner is MINE.

I'm thinking of annexing Deb's room.  She's not there, and they've cleaned it, so if the door is still open this weekend, boxes might get slud in there while I'm packing (yes, slud, ala Dizzy Dean).  Though, I am afraid that someone important will come along and throw my stuff away, which would make my heart sad, and eyes cry.  So we'll see what happens.

God a magic box in the mail: it puts my computer on the TV.  When I first tried it out, the image was black&white and cycled so fast I couldn't see what was going on--almost like the old days when they scrambled HBO on cable.  Well I fiddled and fiddled with it, and I searched solutions on my phone (I don't have internet right now), and couldn't figure it out, and was about resolved to believe that I wasn't going to be able to figure it out and was just going to have to go to Dave & Sarra's without figuring it out--but then, lo and behold!  A light descended upon the one inch of the magic box that  I had not inspected closely.  The label underneath it said "1/2 ON NTSC; 1/2 OFF PAL."  I thought, "Surely, they wouldn't ship this set to PAL--I mean I bought it from the states, and therefore, it should be set accordingly."  I decided, however, to leave no stone unturned, so I took my longest nail, and jabbed it into the microscopic recess in the magic box, and flipped the two minuscule switches in the other direction, and as if a gin of old had come through weaving his wondrous powers, the picture suddenly appeared clearly on the surface of the TV.   Wondrous magic box.

Too bad I have no internet, and cannot watch Hulu on my TV right now.  It will come in handy later when we have internet and no cable in our apartment.  We'll be able to watch TV-things on the TV.  Only down-side to the magic box is that it does not have anything for audio.  I happen to have been blessed with amazing speakers, so we will simply have to leave them in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment